Private Swap - Namibia

scan0154

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this amazing map card from Namibia in my mailbox!

Namibia is a country in southern Africa whose western border is the Atlantic Ocean. It gained independence from South Africa on 21 March 1990, following the Namibian War of Independence. Its capital and largest city is Windhoek. Namibia has a population of 2.1 million people and a stable multi-party parliamentary democracy.

Agriculture, herding, tourism and the mining industry form the backbone of Namibia's economy. After Mongolia it is the second least densely populated country in the world. Approximately half the population live below the international poverty line, and the nation has suffered heavily from the effects of HIV/AIDS, with 15% of the adult population infected with HIV in 2007. (source)

scan0155

Thank you Anja for adding a new country for my collection!

Comments